We undertake to manage our land based businesses in line with the following principles.
We will be:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the ownership of our land is visible.
- Ensure that we or our named representative are accessible and contactable.
- Openly condemn bad and illegal practice where it exists.
- Communicate estate plans to those who will be affected by them.
- Have regard to community aspirations as part of estate planning.
- Provide the wider estate community with an opportunity to contribute to relevant decision making.
- Proactively welcome responsible public access.
- Promote enjoyment of rural Scotland.
- Work with our tenants and the wider community to encourage and support enterprise and business development where this fits with estate or farm objectives.
- Work with the community where appropriate to assist in the delivery of its social, economic and environmental aspirations.
- Act as a catalyst and conduit for inward investment.
- Provide opportunities for people to connect with the land through education, employment and recreation.
- Treat everyone with courtesy, politeness and respect and act with integrity across land based business activities.
- Act sustainably, economically, socially and environmentally.
- Adhere to all relevant codes of practice and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure employees and contractors conduct our business in accordance with the principles contained within this Landowners’ Commitment as well as any appropriate professional standards.
- Be aware of how our actions and decisions might affect those who live and work in rural Scotland and those who visit for enjoyment.